Well, here we go! 52 adventures in 52 weeks. Don't know if it will happen, but I'm going to try. I absolutely love it here in Singapore; the various cultures and foods, the energy and excitement of the city; and the relaxation on the beaches. It is a melting pot. And I love it. And actually, it is quite green here! The city/state (that's what they call it) has done a great job of keeping as many trees, etc as possible. There are so many things to do in Singapore.
I chose to write this blog while we are here primarily to chronicle/journal our daily life here overseas. Secondly, I want to make the most of this opportunity. I want to try to do 52 adventurous things in 52 days. Since there is so much to do here, the kids are in school every day, we will have a "house helper", I'm technically not allowed to work in this country, I'm choosing to make the most of this time and experience southeast Asia as best I can - adventure style. To challenge myself. Because I may never get this opportunity again. (We will be here at least two years, with a possibility of an extension. After this 52 weeks is over, I'd like to think of another "something" to do once a week.) So...let's go!
To update myself, we arrived in Singapore Jan 1, 2013. We've met many people who have become friends. We've been to Sentosa, Universal Studios, Palawan Beach, The Botanical Gardens, and every indoor playground you can name. The kids started school at Stamford the end of January...finally. And here we are, the beginning of February.

This is great, and so interesting! We want to visit there soon. I will definitely try to meet up with you when we do. You can show us the "locals" tour.
ReplyDelete