Thursday, February 7, 2013

Week 2a: Fish Spa

I call this "Week 2a" because the week's not over yet and who knows what's to come. But, I think I should include this in my adventure list because it's something I've never done until today. And I was brave. If I do say so myself.

Today I went to a fish spa and had a pedicure. Given by fish. Seriously.

Oh, but that's not all this place was - Here, you could surf the web, order drinks, read magazines, all while having your feet nibbled on by little or big (your choice) fish. Oh, and did I mention it was located in a shopping mall?

Like this is normal.

I did it because I thought it was bizarre. Not because I thought it would be an enjoyable social opportunity as in the ad above.

 I love this - laptops over water. That's safe.


 Little fish....
You know when a part of your body "falls asleep" and you're trying to get the blood flowing again and you feel those little "needle pricks"? That's how I can describe how the little fish felt.
 And bigger fish...
They just felt like big fish eating at your feet. Sometimes it was a little startling.
So, how did it turn out? I have to say...I swear my feet are so soft right now, it's as if I got a paraffin treatment. (Girls, you know what that is. Guys, google it. No, it's like dipping your feet in warm wax, letting it set, and then taking it off to unveil soft skin. Now that I think of it, dipping your feet in warm wax is pretty weird, too.)

1 comment:

  1. Danae - I'm breaking out in hives just reading this!! I do love your bravery to 'try the bizarre'!! 1st pic cracks me up...just chit chatting while I'm nibbled on....(chills all over). LOVE reading though xoxo

    ReplyDelete